Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Is the glass half full....or

I attended a work seminar today where one of the speakers brought up the practice of gratitude. What I was expecting was yet another delivery of the woes of the
economy, further justification of our salary freeze, and frankly, just more bad news.

Rather it was one individuals perspective of how this year is going to be a great year, filled with opportunity,encouraging us to look at the glass realistically. It can only hold so much.

It's really up to us how we view this time in history. I'm not suggesting we turn a blind eye, or ignore the reality of the hardships affecting many people we know and love. What I am suggesting is we resist the urge to throw our hands in the air and say, well what can I do about it? We can continue to be good, no great at what we do, We can continue to grow and learn. I personally am inspired to take advantage of educational opportunities either within the workplace or elsewhere and make certain my skill set is tip top. Not just my employable skill set but my life skills set.

First and foremost I am going to continue to remind my self to be grateful and to practice gratitude. For the next month, every day, I am going to list five things I am grateful for.

Ah, I am grateful for the lovely sip of silk oolong tea I've just taken!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Thanks for that very inspiring post!

xoxo