Once reality grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me silly, I realized I HAD CANCER, HOLY SHIT! And I never wrote a word about it, until now, now which is the very day of my first follow up visit. THE day I have been praying for, yes, I have been praying. All I wanted to hear was "All clear, see you in three months!" But that's not what I heard; what I heard was, "There is a small lump in your left breast the size of a ........... And that my friends is all I heard. Yes she mentioned how many centimeters, but really, who cares.
"Don't worry it's probably nothing." Funny, I recall hearing those very words 7 to 8 months ago, and worry I did. Next Tuesday, June 23rd 2007 I meet with my radiation Oncologist and discuss where to go from here.
My gut tells me it's nothing, but you know what, even if it is "something" I know what's ahead of me, and one thing I know for sure is that I am an extremely fortunate person. Why, you wonder would I say that? Because I know I will have the continued support of my friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, my writing group, and the amazing woman I meet with every Saturday morning.
They don't call me "Lucky for nothing!

4 comments:
Oh my God -- that's all I can say. And I will believe and hope that it IS in fact nothing to worry about. But if it is, I will do all I can to help you through it.And you will beat it again.
Love,
neighbor Janet
Karen: thank you for including me in your "glob" of a golb blog. It was really great.
My Dad was just here for the weekend and headed to Jordan's a few hours ago.
Next week, your "not real" brother is taking your "very real" Dad up to Gus' house to do some work.
I am sending you my prayers and good energy and will use this blog to watch your progress... take care and my best to Nina too.
Love, Ann p.s. that was love, not evol.
Dear Karen,
Ann was kind enough to send me the link to your glob. All I can say is: KEEP ON TRUCKING! I love the spirit you display. Me, I don't know if I could be as brave as you are/have been. Please count me as one of the many many friends (almost family) who love and support you.
Mary Farkas
Yep, you have the support of your neighbors (of which I happen to be one) and of course, the Yorkies.
You rock!!!
Duchess
Post a Comment